Sunshine and warm weather is always welcome in our climes, but maybe not the sleep-stealing uncomfortable nights (*although this does depend on whereabouts in the UK you live!)
We’ve got five top tips to get summer sleep on track and keep it that way.
- Make the room as dark as possible. Blackout blinds can help. This helps to increase levels of melatonin, the ‘sleep’ hormone.
- Keep it cool. No warmer than 17oC for a comfortable night. Open the windows an hour before going to bed and keep curtains and blinds closed.
- Get to know your tog. Tog is another way of saying how warm a duvet is. Summer duvets are ideally no more than a 7 tog rating.
- Stay hydrated. Herbal tea or a glass of iced water an hour before bed will help water balance in the body and keep temperatures regulated.
- Wash to keep dust mites at bay. Hay fever and associated allergies start to increase any time from March. Dust mites are a known a culprit, but washing synthetic duvets, like any of our Smartfil range, at 60oC makes sure they’re history.
We’d love to hear your tips – how do you beat the heat?
Originally posted 25th June 2015