Luxury goose and duck down duvets
If you are looking to invest in luxury bedding for a better night's sleep, down duvets are often a popular choice. The natural filling offers unbeatable comfort so that you can drift off to sleep with ease, and is also renowned for its longevity. As down comes from the breast of the bird, it has the unique ability to trap in air, making it exceptionally light, warm and breathable. It also feels luxurious, soft and fluffy due to the lack of feather quills.
The Fine Bedding Company creates a wide selection of down duvets with a variety of fillings and levels of warmth. In this guide, you can find out more about our bountiful collection and explore the benefits of down in more detail, helping you to discover ways to improve both the quality of your bedding and sleep.
Duck and Goose down
Our beautiful goose and duck down bedding is perfect for adding a touch of luxury to your bedroom. Both duvet types are exceptionally comfortable as a result of the warming filling, while also being incredibly lightweight and ‘cloud-like’. If you prefer a heavier duvet for that ‘tucked-in’ feel, you can opt for one that contains a higher percentage of feathers, as these contain quills which provide added weight.
The benefits of down
When choosing your perfect filling, goose and duck down have a number of properties that work together to create truly sumptuous bedding. Down duvets, or bedding with a combination of down and feathers, are considered to be a luxury choice as the naturally breathable yet thermal qualities ensure complete comfort throughout the night. At The Fine Bedding Company, our down duvets boast:
- Incredible lightness - down is the fine plumage found underneath the tougher exterior feathers on a bird, and the lack of quills make it an unbeatably light filling. The fluffy clusters allow your body to breathe, while also keeping you comfortably warm.
- Weight-free warmth - down contains thousands of tiny air pockets which provide natural insulation and a superbly weightless drape. The light clusters trap in warm air, keeping the cold at bay so that you can enjoy an uninterrupted night's sleep.
- Superior soft clusters - the unbeatable softness of down is hard to replicate, offering the most incredible comfort. The plump filling has a superior drape, allowing you to drift off to sleep under a highly snug duvet.
Deluxe down duvets
Our down duvets boast 90% down and we use revolutionary designs and specialised machinery to enhance the luxurious filling. For example, our cassette pocket design ensures even distribution to prevent ‘cold spots’ or clumping, while the cotton duvet covers make them incredibly soft to the touch. Our bedding collection includes:
- Siberian down duvets - as goose down from Siberia is renowned for its thermal properties, these duvets are the ultimate in luxury bedding. Nothing else compares to this light-weight duvet which is both warm and breathable.
- Hungarian goose down - well known for its softness and superior thermal qualities, the down creates duvets that are light, comforting and cosy.
- Premium goose down - filled with plump, fluffy clusters, the duvet is incredibly weightless while providing you with the warmth you need.
The Fine Bedding Company is dedicated to creating bedding that is indulgent, practical and comfortable. To transform the world of sleep, every single mattress protector, topper, pillow and duvet is carefully designed so that you can achieve the most exceptional night's sleep. Visit our sleep tips section to find out more about how the right bedding can greatly benefit your night-time routine.